Happy 150 Canada!
Can you believe it? Canada is 150 years old!
To celebrate this joyous occasion, we decided to frolic through the city.
A short run down on our weekend went something like this:
- The Canada Day Blue Jays game vs. Boston Red Sox (we lost, it was ugly.)
- CN Tower’s unbelievable Canada Day fireworks display (wish this could happen every year, hint hint.)
- A race down to the waterfront for the Harbourfront fireworks 10 minutes later (we made it!)
- Redpath Waterfront Festival to hang out with the world’s largest rubber ducky (it was large.)
- A wander over to Nathan Phillips Square on multiple occasions where we happened upon free concerts from: Barenaked Ladies, Dream Warriors and dvsn. dvsn happened to have a few special guests (Majid Jordan and DRAKE.) We still can’t believe we saw a free Drake concert!! Oh and there were fireworks too. Phenomenal fireworks… overshadowed a wee bit by our Drake shock.
And you know the long weekend wouldn’t be complete without poutine and a few beverages like a double double Timmies, a Molson Canadian and a Mott’s Bloody Caesar. Yum.
We hope you all had a fabulous Canada Day weekend too.