Happy 150 Canada!
Can you believe it? Canada is 150 years old!
To celebrate this joyous occasion, we decided to frolic through the city.
A short run down on our weekend went something like this:
1. The Canada Day Blue Jays game vs. Boston Red Sox (we lost, it was ugly.)
2. CN Tower's unbelievable Canada Day fireworks display (wish this could happen every year, hint hint.)
3. A race down to the waterfront for the Harbourfront fireworks 10 minutes later (we made it!)
4. Redpath Waterfront Festival to hang out with the world's largest rubber ducky (it was large.)
5. A wander over to Nathan Phillips Square on multiple occasions where we happened upon free concerts from: Barenaked Ladies, Dream Warriors and dvsn. dvsn happened to have a few special guests (Majid Jordan and DRAKE.) We still can't believe we saw a free Drake concert!! Oh and there were fireworks too. Phenomenal fireworks... overshadowed a wee bit by our Drake shock.
And you know the long weekend wouldn't be complete without poutine and a few beverages like a double double Timmies, a Molson Canadian and a Mott's Bloody Caesar. Yum.
We hope you all had a fabulous Canada Day weekend too.